Grilled pork chops topped with a fruity pineapple and chilli chutney
4x 250g pork chops rind and excess fat removed.
1 small tin pineapple pieces
1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
75g Golden granulated sugar
4 tbsp Cider vinegar
1 lime zested and juiced
2 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp Fresh coriander
Chicken stock cube
- Drain the pineapple pieces and put the juice into a small sauce pan with the diced red chilli, lime juice, cider vinegar and golden granulated sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Mix the corn flour in a little water and add to the sauce stirring until it thickens.
Add the pineapple pieces and lime zest, bring to the boil, remove from the stove and keep warm.
- Pre-heat the grill. Make a paste with the chicken stock cube and a little bit of oil, rub over the pork chops.
- Grill the chops for 6-8 minutes each side, remove, cover with kitchen foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes
- Add chopped coriander to the chutney, place the chops onto the plates and spoon over the pineapple and chilli chutney.
Serve with wild rice and stir fried vegetables.