Pork fillet strips in a creamy paprika and mushroom sauce
500g pork fillet cut into thin strips
2 tsp smoked paprika
300g button mushrooms sliced
1 medium onion thinly sliced
300ml low fat Crème Fraiche
1 tbsp chopped parsley
3 small gherkins (cornichons) sliced optional
Brown rice to serve
- Put the brown rice on to cook in plenty of salted water
- Trim any fat and sinew off the pork fillet, slice in half lengthways then cut into thin strips. Toss the pork strips in the paprika and seasoning
- Heat a wide non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, spray with cooking oil and cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes stirring all the time, remove and set to one side
- Add the onion and 2 tbsp of water to the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pork and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the crème fraiche to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, add the mushrooms and their juices along with the parsley and gherkins. Check the seasoning.
Serve over the brown rice.