Rolled Belly Pork
With a black pudding and apple sausage meat stuffing…
1 x 1 kilo Pork Belly
1 Packet of Butchers Sausages
240g of Diced Black Pudding
240g of Diced Bramley Apple coat in 20 ml of Lemon Juice to stop them from discolouring
Butchers String – Ask nicely when you buy the pork – I’m sure the butcher will give you some
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- Take the Belly Pork and score in a criss cross on the fat side about 5 mm deep, now carefully butterfly the pork through the middle with a very sharp knife, so it opens up like a book – you may want to ask your butcher to do this for you.
- Take the sausages out of there skin and place into a bowl, add the diced Black pudding and the Apple and mix gently trying not to break up the black pudding.
- Evenly spread the mixture onto the part of the belly you have just revealed. Now roll up the belly so it resembles a Swiss Roll and Tie with the butchers String.
- Place the finished joint onto a roasting tray, Sprinkle with some Sea salt and Cracked Black Pepper and cook in a pre-heated oven at 170c fan / 190c non fan for 2 hours. Leave to Rest for 20 – 30 minutes before Serving.
- Serve for a special change as part of your Sunday roast.