Sweet and Sour Pork Meatballs
Pork meatballs in a sweet and sour sauce
450g lean minced pork
1 small onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
4 tomatoes quartered
1 small tin pineapple chunks
100ml pineapple juice
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 heaped tsp cornflour
4 Portions Brown Rice
- Mix the minced pork with the chopped onion and garlic and season. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Put the brown rice on to cook in plenty of salted water
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, spray with low fat cooking oil and brown the meatballs. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Add the diced red and green peppers and the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, soy sauce, tomato puree and vinegar to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Mix the cornflour with a little water and add to the sauce to thicken.
Serve 4 meatballs per portion over brown rice and coat with sauce.